Monday, January 1, 2007

2007 - the year of the question mark

We rang in 2007 by making milkshakes with the kids and then playing Scrabble and then laying in bed trying not to fall asleep, waiting for midnight to arrive. Okay, we may have dozed off but we set the alarm to wake us up just in case (nothing like getting older). Cheers! Here's to a new year.

Someone at church told us that this was his year. Seven is his lucky number. Well, I sure hope it's our lucky number, too. The seven in my year has a little dot underneath it and it looks like a question mark.

The important things like mother-love and apple pie are still going to be there and constant during 2007. Well, maybe not the apple pie so much because I've never actually made an apple pie. But my mom makes a great apple pie and you know, those are things that our country was founded on, right? Moms being able to make apple pie? I guess I'd better learn to bake if I don't want the good ol' US of A unraveling before my very eyes. What I'm saying is my mom will always love me and I'll love my kids. And I do like apple pie.

But some of the minor things, like where in this great country one is going to be situated, are a little more up in the air. When our families ask us, "So, what are you going to be doing now?" We get to respond with the very exciting "We have no idea." It's very comforting to our mothers. So stay tuned. I'm staying tuned! I'll be curious - maybe a wee bit anxious, but not too much- to find out how our question mark turns out.

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. I find something exciting in not knowing what's next. Happy New Year! I'm so glad you started a blog. I love reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope good things are headed your way--sometimes a question mark can be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Job Hunting? More School? A possible move? How exciting. I'm sure 2007 will be wonderful for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you ought to submit to my contest--the theme is goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck. I can't wait to hear what you decide.

    ReplyDelete