Thursday, January 18, 2007

if only

I'm sure I have some very deep and profound things to blog about; something about Ella and her ideas about being a mom, or about Michelangelo, or you know, something else. I don't know what, but something. But this darned cold won't leave my head. Sometimes during the day I will swear, it's gone! Hooray! Only to find when I go to bed at night that I can't breath through my nose, and am therefore drying out my insides in a rapid fashion since I have to inhale air through my mouth. I have booked through the box of sudafed as fast as I felt comfortable doing (not a big med person, especially when pregnant or nursing). I think I have one dose left.

Today the cold is making me a bit tired. And I am glad that it's "big movie" day. I am attempting to limit the consumption of fluff, particularly of the Disney variety, that permeates our T.V. Once a week we get to watch a feature film. The other days, it's more educational stuff. And it doesn't go over an hour. But this cold is testing my limits! Fortunately my cold seems to be having some on and some off days, which lets me have off and then on days. So yesterday I got some good cleaning in. And this morning my bed got made. And that's good enough for me.

And when my stuffed sinuses stop constricting the blood flow to my brain, I hope to be able to elaborate in witty and profound fashion about some topic of which I know fairly little about. Or at least have some idea of something to blog about. I know you are all looking forward to that.

2 comments:

  1. wow, i hope you get feeling better soon. being sick is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the made bed!

    It doesn't seem fair that pregnancy lowers your immune system. My first symptoms with 3 of the 4 babies was a nasty cold that lasted forever.

    ReplyDelete