Sunday, February 25, 2007

If a tree falls in the middle of a forest and no one is around...

Ben and I were on the train back from the city when it turned midnight and ushered in my birthday. Although, since I was born in Utah, does that mean technically I needed to wait until 2 a.m. for my birthday to get there? We debated half-heartedly for a moment. But this morning there can be no doubt. I have officially moved up one notch on the age scale.

Birthdays are funny things when you get older. It's nice to have a special day, but this one isn't necessarily invoking the feelings that, say, turning 5 might. Age does has it's advantages and disadvantages, as everything. For now, this girl is going to herd children to the kitchen table for breakfast since Ben is at a meeting, and I'm going to say "shhh!!!" very often so the kids don't wake the neighbors downstairs. I think it will be a good day.

P.S. A post on Les Mis will show up later.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday - hope you had a wonderful weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny.

    Happy, Happy Birthday to you! I can't wait to hear how you like Les Mis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I'm a day late and a dollar short on this one. You know why (oh so well.) I just wanted to tell you I thought of you on your birthday. Thanks for being born. My life is better because of it.
    Here's to one of the most fearless people I have ever known--Allysha! Happy Birthday, my friend, (a day late and a dollar short.)
    Hope Les Mis was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete