Thursday, January 3, 2008

caucus!

A call to all you Iowans, as I believe you are called. You aren't Iowaites or anything, right? (My spellcheck says you are not.) I'm not a political junkie, but I do keep my eye on things and have ever since I stayed up late watching TV when I was nine years old and Reagan creamed Mondale in 1984. I was fascinated.

In any case, this evening you will caucus, and I am telling you I have never been so aware of that as I am this year. Because this is the election that will never end. Yes, it goes on and on my friend! Somebody starting running, not knowing how early it was, and then they kept on running for elected office just because...

I don't have any advice to give you, just get out and participate. I really don't understand the caucus process, except that I am sure you will all eat lots of apple pie because it sounds like a very democratic exercise. Also, maybe you will shoot off fireworks and eat hot dogs, but even if you don't, I'm curious to see what the outcome is! Happy caucusing!

1 comment:

  1. It was veeeery interesting. Now New Hampshire today! ... and all those independents... also interesting. I'm watching too!

    ReplyDelete