Friday, March 14, 2008

searching for that wealthy, long lost great uncle

So, yeah. We're going to look for a house. To buy. I think. The trick is to find a place bigger than a cracker box and affordable at the same time. While this is not impossible, it's tricky, since graduate school in New York isn't just a trip to the Five and Dime. More like a million trips to the Five and Dime, or something. Anyway, New York was a great experience and I miss it a lot, but it cost some money and that's that.

my small dream of a white picket fence

I'm trying to figure out ways we can afford to finance the house of our sort-of-dreams. It doesn't help to spend time looking through Architectural Digest.

So, I think it's time for that estranged relative to come forth with some change jingling in his pocket.
And it doesn't even have to be my uncle. He just needs to have a little extra money he'd like to loan out to the cause of helping the Bells family into a house they like. And actually, it could be anybody's aunt as well. I'm not picky. I just need a little help with the down payment.

Okay, well, maybe I'm a little bit picky. Probably no organized crime connections. Or unorganized crime connections. Or ponzi schemes (is that what they're called?).

So, hello generous someone who'd like to pose as a rich relative! What do you say? You want to come and help us out?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, There are a few houses for sale in our neighborhood that you should come and take a look at!

    ReplyDelete