Monday, May 26, 2008

as promised...

For my fourth child's 1st birthday I decided to throw all caution to the wind.

We had cupcakes instead of a cake.

Crazy.

CRAZY!

I know.


They look yummy, don't they?


We've stumbled onto a great frosting recipe that's light and fluffy and I really like it. Yellow food dye is a little too bright for me; I wanted a deeper yellow so we added a touch of red and that did the trick. I was so in love with how they turned out, I almost didn't want to eat them. They not only looked great, thanks to me, decorator-in-residence; they were delicious, thanks to Ben, chef-in-residence. We make a good team.

Up next, the Bells Bakery & Concessions Shoppe. Or something like that.


And here is the birthday girl enjoying the fruit of our labors. (Darling bib compliments of the fabulous DYM.)



And she seriously had no clue that birthdays are really exciting. She casually crawled away in the middle of unwrapping her presents. That girl. She knew enough to really enjoy the cake, though.

2 comments:

  1. I love 1st birthdays! Neither of my kids would eat the cake. They both eyed it suspiciously and my son cried when the frosting stuck to his fingers. Happy Birthday to your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like 5000 years ago we did the mother/daughter new baby visit in NY. I'm glad she came when she did as well. She is a sweetie!

    Much love from Nana

    ReplyDelete