Monday, November 17, 2008

eclectic planitary musings on a monday morning


Do you ever wonder what exactly happened to bring these celestial spheres together?

So bizarre.

Seriously, the earth is pretty dang small compared to Jupiter and Saturn. And Neptune and Uranus, what sort of status do they have? I bet they have their own club or something. You have to be a nice shade of blue, maybe.

So there's Jupiter, glaring at everybody with his big red eye. Jupiter always seemed like a scary planet to me. And then I learned that he was supposed to be a star, like the sun, and didn't have quite enough oomph to get there, and since then I've always felt a little sad for him. But grateful, because if he had made it, I wouldn't be here. I don't deal well with the heat. But Jupiter is nice for the Greek tragedy that every solar system needs.

And how about Saturn. Fancy! That's what I say. There's always someone in the bunch who always looks good, and that's Saturn. Very elegant, for a planet. Maybe like Jane Fairfax, I don't know. And I feel bad for Mercury, burning hot on one side and freezing cold on the other. Hard life.

Of course, Pluto is the one who really has it tough. Being demoted from planetary status and all. Except one day that status may return, with other like beings that will be promoted to planet status as well.

After writing down these musings I can see that somewhere I have developed quite a sense of planetary sympathy. Who knows why? These things happen and then there they are. That's pretty much all I can make of it.

1 comment:

  1. Planetary sympathy? That's hilarious. I have never considered the planets in such a way as this. I love it!

    ReplyDelete