Tuesday, December 23, 2008

holly jolly


My oldest has thrown-up twice this morning. On Sunday it was my youngest. These things don't usually just hit half the family so I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. And tomorrow, Christmas Eve! Last year we got hit on New Year's day. I guess we have some sort of holiday curse or something.

I've done an inventory of what I have for everybody. How can that pile of stuff be simultaneously too little and too much at the same time? I have a bunch of things to return, two-thirds of the needed receipts, and a list of things to pick up. I need to go grocery shopping. The roads are icy.

This is not a humbug post, I'm just tired. I think I got a decent amount of sleep last night. But I've come to the conclusion that in order to feel really rested, I need to wake up on my own terms and not by a panicked voice yelling "DAD!!!!"* followed by the sound of retching.


(*I know, I know. It was nice that she called for her father. And he got up immediately. He's good that way. But still. Tired.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh...so sorry. We've had the same thing several times over the past few weeks. Now my 2nd has a high fever. It always happens before Christmas. I think it is a curse.

    Hope you don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter wandered into my room last night and said her jammies and bed were wet. It is not uncommon for her to pee clear through her diaper at night so I stumbled out of bed thinking we'd just had to much water before bed. I walked into her room and knew it was NOT urine that made her bed wet. The smell of vomit was so overpowering. Ug! And it was ALL over in her hair so we had to shower. I spent the rest of the night on the couch with her surrounded by towels. And now I'm crossing my fingers it was just something she ate and that the other kids will be spared the same fate!

    Hope things turn around at your house before Christmas day!

    ReplyDelete