Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hope Springs

The weather page is saying that my town is in for some precipitation this week. So far it's come mostly in the form of rain. Sweet rain.

Monday morning I woke up and went outside and although it was cold (it's still January after all) there was that slight hint of Spring lurking around the corner. A faint something in the air - I think it must be the smell of hope.

January and February can be rough months: it's cold and dreary and nary a Christmas light in sight, which is good thing really, because the Christmas lights still on in February are simply annoying. I am ready for warmer weather once we get into the year by a few weeks, and that rarely happens around here. I have been known to metaphorically trudge through the end of Winter by staying inside and re-reading a lot of favorite books or spending too much time on my computer.

So even though today the weather can't quite make up it's mind (rain? snow? rain? snow?) For whatever reason, I am excited for Spring. And it doesn't feel that far away.

2 comments:

  1. How funny. As I look out my window right now, there is a little tiny patch of blue sky peeking through the gray. It really does feel hopeful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rain makes me feel hopeful, especially living in the desert where it is quite miraculous. Even pouring in sheets and buckets and rivers.

    Hopeful spring, yes, it is on it's way...

    ReplyDelete