Monday, March 1, 2010

No Sugar For You

Today is March. This is a lovely and refreshing thing, because March, although stormy and unpredictable, is much better than the blah and hum-drum of February.

This month is a no sugar month at our house. This sounds like something mildly insane to do. And it would be, were it still February. But March some how makes all things possible.

The truth is the month is more of a no treat month, but it's easier to corral the natives this way (does that even work? It's probably awfully politically incorrect. Sorry.) The "no sugar" rule will give me more power. Well, I think it will.

We have a few occasions singled out where the no sugar rule can be broken. We have two birthday celebrations and a baptism coming up. But otherwise, it will be a month of a lot of fresh fruit.* (I should note that these events mean not a day filled with sugar, but one treat per event.)

Wish us luck.

Hopefully having the Wii back in commission (we put it away during the Olympics) will make it easier. Although I have no intention of reminding the kids that they are allowed to play it now...


*(The pregnant lady in the house may be given a few more exceptions than the rest of the crew. You understand, right?)

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey Johnson3/01/2010 10:03 AM

    Good luck. I really mean that. Seeing how it's only 8 am and I'm already craving a handful of Guittard milk chocolate chips...I don't know if I could make it through a whole month. And then there are the mini eggs! You are a braver woman than I. :)

    ReplyDelete