Friday, January 7, 2011

Life Goes On

Well, it's the seventh already. Where does a week go? 1 down, 51 to go. But who's counting?

This year on New Year's Eve my dad handed everyone who was over at my parent's house a paper on which to write predictions for the new year. I have been informed that in at least two predictions I am pregnant at the end of the year. To which predictions I have simply one response. Ha.

My responses were generic and boring because at a certain point, one's brain doesn't function like it should. Maybe because I have learned that life is unpredictable and some of the wishes we hold most dear for ourselves and others seem so precious and fragile at times, I couldn't even put them out there to glimmer in the sunlight. Que sera sera.

But January seems like a clean and hopeful month. It is nice to pull down all of the holiday decor and clean out a few cabinets. When I get over this cold that has me beat at the moment I plan to get some big things done. I have an Ikea list a mile long. I'm just waiting for the energy to match it.

And also, today I need to pay the bills. Thanks for the reminder.


No comments:

Post a Comment