Wednesday, August 10, 2011

resolved again: just say no


We got hamburgers and fries for dinner on the way home from dropping our car off for some repairs. The past few years I have really limited how much fast food we eat-- and it was never very much to begin with--but there are those nights...

and then I always regret feeding that junk to my kids. Always. I had one kid who wasn't full anyway, and one who felt sick all night. But now my resolve is strong again. Suggest Wendy's and I will say that if we must, I'll see you at In and Out Burger, where at least their meat is fresh and not filled with ammonia. We have a Sonic by our house. I say, with pride, my kids don't even think about it as a place to eat at, just as a landmark that says you are almost home.

Fast food = It may be sort of fast, but can we really call it food? That is my question for today. Michael Pollan would say "No." And so do I.

3 comments:

  1. Sonic....I literally dream about their Cranberry Limeade... yummy. ;-) Do the drinks count as fast food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may depend on whether you sip them or gulp them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I do agree with your general sentiment of fast food, your post only made me hungry for an In and Out burger. Those things are gooood! Or am I supposed to say In n Out?

    ReplyDelete